Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Ronnie Run (No More)



Born and raised in a small town of Winterville, North Carolina Ronnie Run is a well-known rapper with a lot of streets credits. I want to put North Carolina on the map and show people that there is talent around the state. Growing up around the Pitt County area was just plain and real for Ronnie. Where Im from was nothing different from your New York or LA. Living in the South the pace is slow and the hard work is there. Starting out as a DJ Ronnie knew or thought this was something he wanted to do. After the Dj-ing thing fell through; I had a back up plan and it was rapping.

Ronnies influences are God, my daughter Jocelyn, my family, The Sugar Hill Gang, Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five, 2Pac, Notorious BIG, Rakim, Ice Cube, Dr. Dre, KRS-One , LL Cool J, Run DMC, Beastie Boys, Jay-Z and the list goes on and on. I remember the first time I heard Rappers Delight by the Sugar Hill Gang and I knew from that point; rapping was something I wanted to do.

It was during a school test when Ronnie wrote his 1st rap song. After that he kept writing until one day he pick up a mix tape and called the producer (VC) off the CD and the rest is history. I called VC from Sick Man Productions and we talked and within 2 weeks I was recording my 1st EP Back 4 Tha Third Time. The title track 4 tha Club debut on the radio and quickly caught buzz around town as well as in other states outside of North Carolina. After the song appeared on the radio, Ronnie thought it would be a good idea to shoot a video for the song. I got with my homeboy John RoRech and we ask Shawn (the owner of Club Dynasty) if it was ok to shoot the video there and he said it was cool. About 2 months later I submitted the video to BET late night show Uncut and within a week the video was being show before a nationwide audience. I thought it was a blessing and a honor to be seen and heard on a level like that.

Soon after that Ronnie thought it was time to hit the studio again and keep the street flooded with some more hits. I had to build up my fan base so that when I drop the EP Cleanin Houze the fans would love what they hear. It was one joint the fans and the DJs was feeling and that was Bump Dis (Carolina Ridin) . I thought it was time to show the world how the Carolinas get down and let the know what we all about. Now Ronnie Run is about to drop his mix tape Hot Joints Vol. 1 with 3 of 12 tracks making noise as we speak you cant go wrong. Imagine Dat and Ghetto Life is making some crazy noise as we speak so I need to network these tracks and continue recording and hopefully get a break. Those tracks was produced by KitakaKI Ingram for Kaotik Muzik and they are hot right now.


Subscribe to The Hype Report by Email


The Hype Report

↑ Grab this Headline Animator







Subscribe in a reader


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok what do ya say except this is da bomb...ronnie knows his Rap...and got the love of it...Keep it real Bro...Love ya